Get sweaty with our 10 Minute Cardio Workout
Cardiovascular exercise is important for maintaining weight loss, strengthening the lungs and lowering blood pressure as well as reducing the risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
But is 10 minutes enough to make a difference? It certainly is! Why not take a look at our other post here, explaining everything you need to know!
Follow one of the workouts below, completing each exercise for 45 seconds, then resting for 15 seconds before moving on to the next exercise. Complete the set through twice for a great 10-minute workout.
Sweaty Cardio 1
- High Knees – Jog, bringing your right knee to your chest, then your left. Keep alternating at a running pace.
- Star Jumps – Stand straight with your legs together and arms at your sides. Bend your knees slightly and jump into the air, spread your legs until they are shoulder width apart and reach your arms out to the side and over your head. Return to start position and repeat.
- Mountain Climbers – Start in a straight arm plank position, supporting your weight on your hands and toes. Squeeze your abs and, keeping your back straight, bring one knee into the chest and return to the start position then repeat with the other leg. Keep alternating at a running pace.
- Side to Side Runs – Side-step 3 – 5 paces to the right quickly and reach down to touch your right foot with your left hand, the repeat to the left. Keep this up at a fast pace.
- Squat and Floor Touch – Stand in a squat position and reach down to touch the floor with your right hand. Push up through the heels into a jump. Land back into a squat whilst touching the floor with your left hand. Keep this up alternating hands each time.
Sweaty Cardio 2
- Butt Kicks – Jog, taking each foot up to your butt as you do.
- Squat Jumps – Squat down low, then push up through the heels into a jump. Repeat this movement with a jump every time.
- Burpees – Stand and jump up, then place hands by feet and jump them back into a plank position. Jump forwards so that your feet are by your hands, then stand and repeat.
- Jump Forward & Turn – Stand with feet hip width apart. Squat down and push up through your heels to jump forwards. Land and jump 180 degrees so that you are facing where you have just jumped from. Again, squat and push up through your heels to jump forwards to return to the start position. Continue this movement.
- Skaters – Stand with feet hip width apart. Take the right leg behind the left at an angle, keeping your weight on the left leg. From this position, take the right leg out to the side and jump to land, taking the left leg behind. Repeat this side-to-side movement as though you are skating.
Enjoy the added benefits of better sleep, better mental health, less tension and stress and, of course, because exercise releases endorphins, get ready for a better mood and well-being too.
Remember to warm up with a gentle jog, a few squats and arm circles, and stretch at the end 😊
If you LOVE the ease of 10 minute workouts, why not take a look at TonedIn10? Just 10 minute follow along workouts for you to complete when you can!
Caroline & Hannah xx