Healthy Recipes perfect for Summer!
We all know how hard it is to have to constantly think of what to eat for lunch and dinner, especially when we are busy and don’t have much time.
We’ve put together a selection of summer lunch recipes along with some healthy snacks for you to try. Remember, portion control is important, even with healthy snacks. Feel free to customize these recipes to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. Play about with the ingredients and use different types of vegetables.
Greek Yogurt Parfait:
- Layer Greek yogurt, mixed berries, and a drizzle of honey in a glass or bowl. Top with granola for added crunch.
Veggie Sticks with Hummus:
Bell pepper strips
- Wash and cut the vegetables into sticks or slices. Serve with your favourite flavour of hummus for a nutritious and satisfying snack.
Nut butter (e.g. almond butter, peanut butter)
Honey or maple syrup
Dark chocolate chips (optional but yummy 😊).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Roll the mixture into small balls and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set. Enjoy as a quick energy boost.
Baked Sweet Potato Chips:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin rounds, toss with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
Apple Slices with Nut Butter:
Nut butter (e.g. almond butter, peanut butter).
- Slice an apple into rounds or wedges.
- Spread your favourite nut butter on the slices for a delicious and nutritious snack.
Grilled Chicken Salad:
Mixed green veg
Salt & Pepper
- Grill the chicken breasts and slice them.
- Toss the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and sliced avocado in a bowl.
- Add the grilled chicken, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers, remove seeds, and blanch them.
- In a pan, sauté the onions, garlic, and diced vegetables.
- Mix the cooked quinoa and sautéed vegetables, season with herbs and spices, and stuff the mixture into the bell peppers.
- Bake in the oven until the peppers are tender.
Watermelon and Feta Salad:
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and place in a bowl
- Crumble the feta cheese, slice the red onion and add them to the bowl along with the fresh mint leaves.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss gently.
Grilled Vegetable Skewers:
Selection of vegetables such as courgette, bell peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes
Salt & pepper
- Cut all the vegetables into chunks.
- Thread them onto skewers, alternating the vegetables.
- Brush the skewers with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Grill until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
Fish fillets such as cod, haddock, hake or white sea bass
Warm whole wheat tortillas
- Grill or bake the fish fillets.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven or on a hot skillet.
- Fill each tortilla with the cooked fish, shredded cabbage and diced tomatoes. Add a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.
Remember to adjust the recipes based on your dietary preferences and any allergies you may have.
Try to eat plenty of fresh fruit, veg and salad alongside protein, carbs and healthy fats for a balanced nutrition.
Caroline & Hannah xx