Week 5 brought us Spice week, perfect in the lead up to (dare we say it…) CHRISTMAS! With Gingerbread houses, Parkin for Bonfire night, and Pumpkin Spice for Halloween, there’s plenty you can do to Spice Up Your Life (who caught our Spice girls pun?)
So, this week we’ve got a very versatile recipe, that’s simple to make, and you can either enjoy as individual biscuits or create a Gingerbread House with the Kids!
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g maple syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 250g spelt flour (or any flour of your choice)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Heat oven to 180°C degrees.
- Put butter, maple syrup and egg yolks into a bowl and mix well. Add the flour and ground ginger and mix until you have a dough.
- Once the dough comes together, pat it into a ball, roll it in greaseproof paper and put it in the fridge to firm up for 20 minutes
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Use biscuit cutters to make your chosen shapes, and place on greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for ten minutes, or until slightly darker in colour.
- Once done, leave your gingerbread creations to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a rack.
You can find the full video on our (New!) YouTube Channel here!
W Fitness | Park Centre, Station Road, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 5NX | 0113 345 2550