Our final bake off
This is our final week of the bake off, and what a journey it’s been! Have you been following all of our recipes? We’d love to see some of your creations!
This week we have a recipe for wholemeal pitta (but you don’t have to make them on an open fire!) These are perfect to toast and eat as a snack with humous, or with your Saturday Night Homemade Chilli – members you’ll have a recipe for a lovely chilli in your monthly emails (the 4th one to be precise!)
WHOLEMEAL PITTA BREAD
- 300g wholemeal flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 200ml water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast (or 7g)
- Mix the flour, salt and oil in a bowl, and add most of the water a little bit at a time.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, the dough should be elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in a warm place. Ideally it should double in size before continuing.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C with a baking tray inside to heat up.
- On a floured surface, kneed the dough for 5 minutes to knock the air out. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Divide into 6 equal pieces and roll out to around 0.5cm thick.
- Place the rolled out pitta breads on the hot tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
W Fitness | Park Centre, Station Road, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 5NX | 0113 345 2550